Updated: 14th May 2018
1) Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited (trading "We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2) This policy sets out:
- what personal data ("information") we collect from you when you use our website or services;
- how we collect and use that information; and
- how you can contact us if you wish to exercise any of your rights in the information.
3) By providing us with your information you consent to our use of it in the manner set out in this policy.
4) For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Limited of 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE Registered in England No 00307468.
5) Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Martin Harris, Managing Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
B) Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
1) Information that you provide to us when filling in forms on this website or that you provide when you contact us. This may include your title, first name, surname, address, telephone number(s), email address(es), date of birth and in certain circumstances details of payment methods used by you and journeys taken, your place of employment or education, student number, and a photograph. This information may be given:
- when you contact us with queries, complaints or a request for information;
- when you register for the key smartcard;
- when you respond to surveys that we may conduct, and you have agreed to be contacted;
- whilst recording transactions that you carry out on our site, although we do not hold any information about your financial transaction other than details of the value of the ticket(s) that you purchase, when they are purchased and the method of purchase.
3) When you use the key we record your transaction and journey history.
C) Where we store your personal information
1) Other than as set out in C2) the information that we collect from you will be stored in the European Economic Area ("EEA").
2) In order to respond to your complaints or administer requests made by you we may engage third party processors to process the information contained in your correspondence. These processors are sometimes located outside of the EEA. We will take such steps as are required by law to ensure that suitable safeguards are in place when any information is transferred to other countries.
3) Any payment card transactions will be processed securely, the suppliers that we use to process payment card transactions operate in accordance with the PCI DSS industry standard payment card security process to ensure that your online purchases are secure.
4) Please note: where you use a password on any website we provide it is your responsibility to keep that password confidential.
D) Uses made of the information
1) We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To make and receive any payments necessary between us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with details of our services, information, newsletters, and details of promotions and offers which we feel may interest you;
- To share with our suppliers where this is required by our processes; and
- To share with other members of the Go-Ahead Group PLC (registered in England, company number 02100855) ("Go Ahead"), of which we are a member, in order to respond to queries, complaints or a request for information from you or where Go-Ahead has any services, promotions and offers which we feel may interest you.
2) If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
3) If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes please make sure that you indicate this by using the tick box when you sign up or, if you have an account with us, by logging in and changing your contact preferences. Alternatively write to the person nominated in A5) above and tell us.
1) To ensure that we carry have an accurate record of dealings between us (and for training purposes) we may, in certain circumstances, record and or monitor telephone calls however you will always be forewarned when this is to happen.
2) For the purposes of ensuring your safety and security and for the prevention of crime and apprehension of offenders we use, record and monitor CCTV images around our premises and on our vehicles.
G) Disclosure of your information
1) From time to time we may disclose your personal information to other companies that are also subsidiaries of Go-Ahead as described in Section D, above.
2) We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to process payment card transactions;
- to respond to your complaints or administer requests made by you;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- Where your smartcard contains a ticket for travel to and from your place of study (the "home to school ticket") which is funded by Brighton and Hove Council then either we or Brighton and Hove Council may be the Data Controller of your information. Where we are the Data Controller of your Data then we may disclose that information to Brighton and Hove Council to assist them to administer the terms and conditions pursuant to which the home to school ticket was issued to you.
H) Your rights
1) You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the person named in A5 above.
I) Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee not exceeding £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please contact the person named in A5 if you wish to make such a request.
© Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd
43 Conway Street